How to report in cyber crime for online fraud ? – Internet usage in India is growing rapidly. The rising count of smartphones and the falling price of internet data has also brought the general public online. Transactions from normal chatting to banking transactions and money and documents have also started going online. But in this online world, the number of cyber crimes and frauds has also increased. From social media platforms like Facebook-Instagram to digital payments and online shopping etc., cases of Cyber Crime continue to come up.
In fact, many people are not aware of what precautions should be taken while using the internet, hence such people often fall victim to cybercrime. In this article, we are going to tell our readers that if you or someone you know becomes a victim of such a situation or cybercrime, then how and where should the complaint be made online?
How to complain online for cybercrime ?
- First of all visit the official website of National Cyber Crime Reporting Portal, which is in both Hindi and English languages. For this, click on cybercrime.gov.in.
- Here, along with the information related to the portal, acceptance from the user will be sought to ensure that all the details it contains are correct. Go ahead by ‘accepting’ it.
- Here two different segments of Report Cyber Crime related to Women / Child and Report Other Cyber Crime have been made. Click on the context in which you want to make a complaint.
- Issues such as forgery, phishing, hacking and fraud are covered under ‘Other Cybercrime’. On clicking it, other details including mobile number will be sought, which are to be filled.
- Similarly, ‘Cybercrime Related to Women / Children’, on the other hand, includes pornography, online bullying and Sexually Explicit content, complaints of which can be registered under this segment.
- Here are two options, Report Anonymously and Report And Track. In which, despite keeping their identity secret, a complaint can be filed in cybercrime. Users can choose any option as per the need.
- After selecting the crime category, the name, place and evidence of the accused will be sought. After filling all the necessary information, submit the complaint.
- The Compliant ID will be provided as a unique number after reporting the cybercrime. Only through this number, your complex can be tracked later.
How to track complaint ?
- After registering the complaint, one must first login to the portal to check and track its status. After which click on the Report And Track button.
- Here the Complaint ID given earlier has to be filled in the blanks sought after which the details of the action taken by the National Cyber Crime Reporting Portal will be revealed.
For your information, let us know that this portal works directly under the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. Its purpose is to register complaints and crimes done online by not circling the police station. Complaint can also be filed here without revealing your identity. For other information or assistance, contact can also be made on the toll free number ‘155260’ issued by the Department of Government of India.